Job Title: Aircraft Fitter
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday
Salary/Hour Rate: Up to £14 p/h depending on skills, experience and qualifications
If you are an experienced Aircraft Fitter with at least three years of working experience within an aerospace/manufacturing environment, this could be the ideal role for you.
Here is what you can expect to be doing:
The candidate will be an approved Fitter who is able to undertake all aspects of detail fitting in relation to the manufacture of aircraft components.
Perform Fitting duties including but not limited to: riveting, drilling and sealing.
- Use handheld and air powered tools
- Work with small to medium sized precision components
- Perform all duties in accordance with defined Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate with the departments Team Leader to understand production plans and meet objectives.
- Ensure the detail fitting and production of aircraft components is accurate, complies with specifications and meets timed deadlines.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents, ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components.
- Undertake tasks delegated by Team Lead &/or Senior Management.
- Maintain Health & Safety standards.
- Adhere to Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People procedures (SQCDP)
- Keep records accurate & up to date ensuring industry standards are upheld & traceability remains explicitly clear.
- Undertake training & development set by the team Leader.
- Contribute & undertake 6S improvements.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements/legislation are maintained & followed.
A few things about you:
- Grade C &/or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Math’s & English.
- 3 years plus fitting & assembly experience.
- Experience of aircraft fitting of detail parts.
- Ability to read/interpret technical engineering drawings.
- Work within precise limits & standards of accuracy
- Ability to use various tooling drills & rivet milling assembly measuring equipment.
- Computer literate & able to use MS Office.
- Applicable City & Guilds qualification (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 3 in a manufacturing/engineering discipline (or equivalent/working towards)
- Apprentice trained time served fitter.
- Aircraft detail fitting & assembly experience.
- Previous background working with aerospace parts would be an advantage. Other industries/sectors will also be considered.
- A working understanding and/or knowledge of Epicor system.
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totaling 37 hours weekly.
Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay.
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
Aside from the competitive rate of pay, the following is available:
- Holidays start at 33 days per year (including Bank Holidays) pro rata for 4 days.
- Overtime rates after basic hours are 1.5 of your basic hourly rate, including Fridays and Saturdays
- Overtime rates for Sundays are 2.0 of your basic hourly rate.
- Shift Allowances: Nights 33%, Double day 18% and Blended Rota 22%
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate health Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions