Reporting to: Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Manager
Summary of Role:
The post-holder will be an operator who is able to manufacture composite, structural and non-structural components.
The post-holder must have the ability to work within a team as well as individually to meet manufacturing/ operational objectives set by the Value Stream Team Leader/Value Stream Manager. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who has the ability to work across several different manufacturing functions within the business.
- Frequent communication (several times throughout each day) with the Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Manager to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents therefore ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components, this will involve the usage of batch Cards, Work Instruction Sheet (WIS) and so forth.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by the Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Manger and/or Senior Management.
- Ensuring their performance within the team remains a high standard.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards
- To adhere to procedures which include Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP)
- Regular upkeep of records (ensuring the batch card disciplines are maintained to ensure organisational and industry standards are upheld therefore traceability remains explicitly clear).
- Undertaking training and development (Lean 101 Training, Graded Operator training, Code of Conduct and continuous professional development in accordance to any shortfalls within training matrices)
- Maintain a clear understanding of consumable singular materials and their use in accordance with specific projects
- Tool preparation in accordance with work instruction sheets
- Application techniques of bagging and associated materials
- Manual lay up of carbon and glassed fibre pre pre-impregnated materials into mould tooling
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance
- To support the Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Managers with the maintenance of skills planning and training matrices
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Manager and/or Senior Management.
|QUALIFICATIONS||NVQ Level 3 in a manufacturing and/or engineering discipline (or equivalent/working towards).|
|EXPERIENCE||Manufacturing experience or a willingness to obtain experience within a production environment.||Use of laser projection within a manufacturing/aerospace environment. Demonstrable production “layup” experience. Previous experience in the manufacturing of intricate components/assemblies.|
|SKILLS & APTITUDE||Must be pro-active and manage workload and deadlines independently Good verbal communication skills English literate with an ability to read work instruction sheets and extracts of drawings.||A working understanding and/or knowledge of Epicor/MRP systems. Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Applications.|
|CHARACTERISTICS||Has a flexible attitude towards the role. The ability to maintain attention to detail by providing high levels of accuracy. Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a “can do” attitude. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.|