Job Title: Cleanroom Operatives
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday
Salary/Hour Rate: Competitive based on skills, experience, and relevant qualifications
If you are an experienced Cleanroom Operative with at least three years of working experience within an aerospace/manufacturing environment, this could be the ideal role for you:
Here is what you can expect to be doing:
The Cleanroom Operator will work with the manufacturer of composite, structural and non-structural components. They will have the ability to work within a team as well as individually to meet manufacturing/ operational objectives set by the Value Stream Team Leader/Value Stream Manager. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who can work across several different manufacturing functions within the business.
- Frequent communication (several times throughout each day) with the Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Manager to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents, therefore, ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components, this will involve the usage of batch Cards, Work Instruction Sheet (WIS) and so forth.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by the Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Manager and/or Senior Management.
- Ensuring their performance within the team remains a high standard.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards
- To adhere to procedures which include Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP)
- Regular upkeep of records (ensuring the batch card disciplines are maintained to ensure organisational and industry standards are upheld therefore traceability remains explicitly clear).
- Undertaking training and development (Lean 101 Training, Graded Operator training, Code of Conduct and continuous professional development in accordance to any shortfalls within training matrices)
- Maintain a clear understanding of consumable singular materials and their use in accordance with specific projects
- Tool preparation in accordance with work instruction sheets
- Application techniques of bagging and associated materials
- Manual lay up of carbon and glassed fibre pre-pre-impregnated materials into mould tooling
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value-added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance
- To support the Value Stream Leader/Value Stream Managers with the maintenance of skills planning and training matrices
A few things about you:
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Has a flexible attitude towards the role
- Highly motivated, driven with a “Can Do” attitude
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- MRP/ERP system experience (Epicor, SAP, Sage etc.) (Desirable)
- Ability to read work instruction sheets and extracts of drawings
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totalling 37 hours weekly.
Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay.
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
Aside from the competitive rate of pay, the following is available:
- Holidays start at 33 days per year (including Bank Holidays) pro rata for 4 days.
- Overtime rates after basic hours are 1.5 of your basic hourly rate, and Fridays and Saturdays
- Overtime rates for Sundays are 2.0 of your basic hourly rate.
- Shift Allowances: Nights 33%, Double day 18% and Blended Rota 22%
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
- Currently sourcing a subsidised onsite canteen
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions