Composite Structures Capabilities
Brookhouse Aerospace is organized around LEAN Manufacturing Teams and Production Cells. Brookhouse Aerospace has the capability to produce a range of composite structures, producing monolithic and sandwich parts from a range of materials including carbon fiber composite, glass and Aramid cured by autoclave. We specialize in military and civil applications with a considerable range of products including flight controls such as aileron assemblies, and winglets.
Specific capabilities include:
- Complex Metal and Composite Main & Tail Rotor Blades and component manufacturing
- Complex Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Metal Bonded Components manufacturing
- Composite flight structures, lightweight electronic enclosures, and space structures manufacturing
- Filament Winding
- Spot Welding of Metal Structures
- Erosion Protection Coating
- Forest Penetrators (Rescue Seats)
- Unit Maintenance Aerial Recovery Kits (UMark)
In house facilities consist of:
- On-site state-of-the-art Phosphoric Acid Anodize & Chromic Acid Anodize process line, Epoxy Priming and Finish Paint.
- Primary on-site Quality Assurance capabilities include CMM, C-Scan & A-Scan NDT
- Six computer-controlled autoclaves (maximum size 3.25m diameter X 13.0 meter long).
- Extensive Clean rooms with controlled environment
- Fully equipped captive laboratory for testing, analysis and control
- CAD Systems operating on Industry Standard Software
- Vacuum Forming Machines and numerous manufacturing processes such as Laminating, Machining, Acrylic Forming Thermal & Acoustic Insulation
Detail Fitting and Paint Finishing, contained and supported within dedicated areas.