Composite Structures Capabilities
We are specialist in the manufacture of composite components and assemblies for civil & defence aerospace customers. We are an established composites manufacturer with an excellent track record of on-time delivery suppling the highest quality composite components/assemblies to OEM’s and Tier 1’s.
We have a large ply cutting area and vast experience of handling and cutting composite carbon and glass fibre prepreg materials
Brookhouse Aerospace have a total clean room area of 30,000 Sq ft and have 6 autoclaves, the largest being 13m long. This is supported by a number of 5 axis NC machines. A large NDT, fully equipped lab along with a large inspection area which complements the composite facility and finally a paint shop capable of painting the largest of parts.
We strive to help our customers to operate more competitively through our commitment to both our customers and our suppliers; building upon our knowledge and competence, demonstrating initiative, commitment and conduction business professionally, ethically and respectfully.
Brookhouse Aerospace is organized around LEAN Manufacturing Teams and Production Cells. Brookhouse Aerospace has the capability to produce a range of composite structures, producing monolithic and sandwich parts from a range of materials including carbon fiber composite, glass and Aramid cured by autoclave. We specialize in military and civil applications with a considerable range of products including flight controls such as aileron assemblies, and winglets.
Specific capabilities include:
- Complex Metal and Composite Main & Tail Rotor Blades and component manufacturing
- Complex Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Metal Bonded Components manufacturing
- Composite flight structures, lightweight electronic enclosures, and space structures manufacturing
- Filament Winding
- Spot Welding of Metal Structures
- Erosion Protection Coating
- Forest Penetrators (Rescue Seats)
- Unit Maintenance Aerial Recovery Kits (UMark)
In house facilities consist of:
- On-site state-of-the-art Phosphoric Acid Anodize & Chromic Acid Anodize process line, Epoxy Priming and Finish Paint.
- Primary on-site Quality Assurance capabilities include CMM, C-Scan & A-Scan NDT
- Six computer-controlled autoclaves (maximum size 3.25m diameter X 13.0 meter long).
- Extensive Clean rooms with controlled environment
- Fully equipped captive laboratory for testing, analysis and control
- CAD Systems operating on Industry Standard Software
- Vacuum Forming Machines and numerous manufacturing processes such as Laminating, Machining, Acrylic Forming Thermal & Acoustic Insulation
Detail Fitting and Paint Finishing, contained and supported within dedicated areas.