Reporting to: Value Stream Manager
Summary of Role:
The CNC/Five Axis Machinist/Programmer has the responsibility of ensuring work flows through the CNC department and jobs are taken to the next operation in line with production requirements.
- Liaison with the CNC Team Leader to understand clear production plans (CNC shop workload planning/scheduling).
- Undertaking CNC tasks delegated by the CNC Team Leader &/or Senior Management
- Ensuring their performance within the CNC team is of a high standard.
- Undertaking training and development set by the CNC Team Leader &/or Senior Management.
- Reporting to the Team Leader and Senior Management.
- Work with the Team Leader to assist in the Implementation of CNC lean practices Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives (Kaizen, toolbox talks, cutting tool technology and so forth).
- Discussing, resolving or escalating issues.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards.
- Supporting the Team Leader and deputising in their absence in relation to CNC decisions.
- Daily communication with the Team Leader & Senior Management remains an essential part of the role for production plan compliance.
- Maintain compliance to the Kaman Code of Conduct.
- Advocate Kaman UK policies and procedures through compliance and communications.
Post holders are expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Senior Management
|QUALIFICATIONS||Heidenhain qualifications or demonstrable training. NVQ Level 3 in CNC (or equivalent).||NVQ Level 4 in CNC (or equivalent or working towards)|
|EXPERIENCE||Time served machinist/toolmaker with the ability to load, set-up and operate large CNC Machines. Previous working knowledge of CNC machines, procedures and processes within a manufacturing &/or aerospace environment.||Demonstrable experience of Correa CNC machines.|
|SKILLS & APTITUDE||Ability to program Heidenhain CNC controls and conversant in off-line RTM Programming.|
|CHARACTERISTICS||Has a flexible attitude towards the role. Ability to work as part of the team whilst using their own initiative to make autonomous decisions.|