Reporting to: Value Stream Manager
Summary of Role:
The Facilities Maintenance Engineer reporting to the Value Stream Manager will provide a safe and efficient maintenance service across the Kaman UK facilities. The aim and responsibilities of the position is to provide a general maintenance repair service to each business with responsibility for the good upkeep of the buildings fabric, relevant plant / equipment, service schedules and that a high standard of work is delivered. The Facilities Maintenance Engineer will also help site management to improve facility / plant efficiency, safety and reliability and to safeguard the future long term serviceability of the Kaman UK facilities.
- Ensure that the requirements of the company’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures are maintained when carrying out maintenance activities and in the areas that are under direct control.
- Carry out internal maintenance activities are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance repairs and service schedules (permit to work, risk assessments and service / planned maintenance records).
- Liaise and support external contractors to ensure that they carry out maintenance related activities are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
- Proactively support site related environment improvement programs by identifying potential energy / waste management cost reduction initiatives.
- Support OHSE in the execution of their OHSE responsibilities.
- To carry out unsupervised reactive maintenance repairs, fault finding, installation, servicing, testing and commissioning to a wide range of services, plant and equipment covering electrical, mechanical and building services.
- To carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance to a wide range of Plant and Equipment covering mechanical and building services.
- To work in accordance to all relevant Kaman UK Policies & Procedures, Work Place Regulations, Health & Safety Legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Maintain full communications with Value Stream Manager with regards to all aspects of the job role and attend regular meetings as required and participation in the objective setting and review process
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Senior Management.
|QUALIFICATIONS||HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (working towards). NVQ 3 in Mechanical discipline (or equivalent). Appropriate City & Guilds, BTEC qualification (or equivalent).|
|EXPERIENCE||Demonstrable experience/proven track record of facilities maintenance.||Aerospace, manufacturing and/or engineering background.|
|SKILLS & APTITUDE||Full, Clean Driving License. Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Applications.||Basic plumbing knowledge/experience. Understanding of contractor control, energy efficiency and Lean CI.|
|CHARACTERISTICS||Has a flexible attitude towards the role and working hours. Ability to work as part of the team whilst also having initiative to make autonomous decisions. The ability to maintain attention to detail by providing high levels of accuracy. Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a “can do” attitude. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.|