Reporting to: Team Leader
Department: Metallic’s & Treatments
Summary of Role:
The post-holder will be an approved Fitter who is able to undertake all aspects of detail fitting in relation to the manufacture of aircraft components.
The post-holder must have the ability to work within a team as well as individually to meet manufacturing/operational objectives set by the Team Leader. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who has the ability to work across various functions within the business.
- Practical skills for using tools and equipment
- Perform Fitting duties including but not limited to: riveting, drilling and sealing.
- Use hand held and air powered tools
- Work with small to medium sized precision components
- To perform all duties in accordance with defined Standard Operating Procedures.
- Frequent communication (several times throughout each day) with the Department’s Team Leader to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met.
- Ensuring the detail fitting and production of aircraft components is carried out with accuracy, attention to detail and in compliance to specifications and in accordance to schedule times.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents therefore ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by the Team Leader, Senior Cell Leader &/or Senior Management.
- Ensuring their performance within the team remains a high standard.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards.
- To adhere to procedures which include Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP).
- The regular upkeep of records are maintained ensuring organisational and industry standards are upheld therefore traceability remains explicitly clear.
- Undertaking training and development for set by the Team Leader &/or Senior Cell Leader.
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements.
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance.
- To support Team Leaders with the maintenance of skills planning and training matrices.
Health, safety and quality
- To ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and legislation at all times.
- Inform line Manager of any changes in ability to perform duties.
- The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Senior Management.
Qualifications Skills and Experience Requirements
|QUALIFICATIONS||Grade C and/or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English. Demonstrable continuous professional development.||City and Guilds or equivalentNVQ Level 3 in a manufacturing and/or engineering discipline (or equivalent/working towards).|
|EXPERIENCE||3 years plus fitting and assemblyDemonstrable experience of aircraft fitting of detail parts.||Apprentice trained time served fitter preferredAircraft detail fitting and assembly Previous background of working with aerospace parts would be an advantage but other sectors and industries would be considered including: Medical, Nuclear, MOD, and Precision EngineeringUnderstanding of work within a manufacturing/production environment.|
|SKILLS & APTITUDE||Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawingsWork within precise limits and standards of accuracy to meet the customers’ requirements|
Able to use various tooling drills & rivet milling assembly measuring equipment.Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Applications.
|A working understanding and/or knowledge of Epicor system.|
|CHARACTERISTICS||Good concentration levelsAn eye for detailWillingness to learnHas a flexible attitude towards the role. Ability to work as part of the team whilst using their own initiative to make autonomous decisions to ensure project deadline compliance.The ability to maintain attention to detail by providing high levels of accuracy.Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a “can do” attitude.Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines||The ability to work without direct supervision and to work as part of a team Enthusiastic|