Job Title: General Labourer
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday
Salary/Hour Rate:£10.42 per hour
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14th June 2023
We are looking for general labourers to join the facilities team in ensuring all areas of the building are kept to a high maintenance standard. This will include supporting production with efficient waste removal, cleaning of areas and moving of materials and equipment around the building.
Here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Removing waste from production areas across the business
- Moving any equipment and furnishings around the building when required
- Support the movement of materials around the shop floor to meet production requirements.
- Ensure spillage control bins and containers are checked and maintained.
- Bailing of all waste cardboard and plastic
- Loading the carbon van
- Carry out any other general tasks as required by the management team.
A few things about you:
- Previous working experience as a labourer or in a facilities role
- Flexible in approach to work
- Shows Initiative
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Senior Management.
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totaling 37 hours weekly.
Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining, and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
Aside from the competitive rate of pay, the following is available:
- Holidays start at 33 days per year (including Bank Holidays) pro rata for 4 days.
- Overtime rates after basic hours are 1.5 of your basic hourly rates, including Fridays and Saturdays
- Overtime rates for Sundays are 2.0 of your basic hourly rates.
- Shift Allowances: Nights 33%, Double day 18% and Blended Rota 22%
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Simply health Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions.
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa’s at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK
Complete the form in the top right of this page to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Labourer, Site Hand, Groundworks, Excavation, Groundworker, Drainage, Site Worker, Site Operative, Labour, Site Worker, Labour Mate, Multi-Skilled Operator, Skilled Labourer, Skilled Trades, Multi Trade, Worker will also be considered for this role.