Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer – Composites (Aerospace/Manufacturing)
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Salary: £32,000 to £43,000 based on role.
Job type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday.
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
We are currently searching for a highly experienced Manufacturing Engineers with at least three years of working experience within an aerospace/manufacturing environment, this could be the ideal role for you:
Brookhouse Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for creating and delivering world class manufacturing solutions used to make both composite and metallics parts. Working as part of an exceptional engineering team you will work a in a structured way to manage and deliver new capabilities across a broad range of different manufacturing processes.
Both composite and metallic products are manufactured in one location across two different factories with emphasis being on the creation of complex composite parts.
New engineers working on both existing and NPI programmes are required. It is recognised that a broad skill set is needed, and applications are being welcomed from individuals with experience across all disciplines listed above.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will create, validate and establish manufacturing controls for composite, machining and assembly processes
- Use PFMEA risk analysis and process surveillance eliminate all sources of risk and variation leading to non-conformance
- Interpret, understand and assess technical requirements of parts from different customer’s CADD models, engineering drawings, specifications and instructions
- Provide methods, process instructions, tooling, NC programs (3 and 5-axis for both composite and metallic) to allow delivery of solutions within agreed timescales and an agreed cost
- Use advanced quality planning principles with focus being on good basics and detailed in-process control at all stages of industrialisation to deliver zero defect level processes
- Ensure thorough-out the development and validation phase that effective change control is maintained and that each process is developed with the highest integrity and attention to detail
- Where processes are incapable, create, plan and conduct trials and as required acquire new technology with testing in line with DoE and TRL methodologies to achieve the required level of capability
- Apply Lean Six Sigma principals and methods to achieve world class manufacturing performance
- Working with the HS&E Manager assess the safety and environmental impact of new equipment and processes, ensuring that all aspects meet specified legal requirement
- As required work with sub-contractors and technology partners to design, install and commission new production processes
- Manufacturing Engineering – minimum 3 years’ experience
- Ability to create and manage plans – communicate both direction, resource management and road to success
- Experience of using CADD/CAM systems; Catia v5 and AlphaCAM currently being used
- Design and creation of tooling and fixtures – concept to industrialisation
- Create NC programming (3 and 5-axis milling of composite and metal)
- Generate technical instructions and routings
- Conduct component and process proving – from concept (FAIR) through to industrialisation (PPAP principles)
- Create/use pFMEA and control plans in support of driving reduced process risk and zero-defect level capability
- Proven experience of improving part right first time (PRFT) using detailed data driven process capability development
- Working knowledge and experience of both Lean and 6-Sigma principles
- Proficient in the use of relevant IT tools – MS Office and Teams
- Senior 2 x Salary range 38,000 to 43,000 depending on experience, skills, and relevant qualifications
- Junior 2 x Salary range 32,000 to 38,000 depending on experience, skills, and relevant qualifications
- Holidays start at 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) (Based on a 4-day week).
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Simplyhealth Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2 annual salary
- Company Sick Pay after qualifying period
Please complete the form in the top-right of this page to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Manufacturing Operative, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Operative, Production Technician, Machine Operative, Process Operator, Production Engineer, CNC Programmer, CNC Operative, Machine Operator may also be considered for this role.