Reporting to: Head of Quality and Engineering
Summary of Role:
The post-holder will work closely within a cross functional value stream, to help support the ongoing operations of the business in rate production.
They will support the engineering function within the production cell, and help to develop the process with technical solutions including material management in order to achieve compliant parts.
- Work closely with Team to maintain consistency in terms of rate production across the projects within the business
- Lead / Facilitate complex problem identification, containment and resolution
- Create and implement action plans to rectify localised and systematic process breakdowns
- Help design, implement and analyse new composite manufacturing processes, following review of current processes, in order to identify risk and implement improvement plans
- Develop and support project wide process manufacturing documentation for production activities, including preparation of Manufacturing Planning’s, Test Procedures, Manufacturing Procedures, and Quality Planning Control Plan.
- Support on-going Test Analysis
- Assist in the development and facilitation of Process FMEA’s and help maintain risk management policies and programs
- Support the design change management process by reviewing and approving engineering orders and drawings for technical requirements and process adherence
- Support Critical Design Reviews (CDR)
- Report results from product and process yield metrics to engineering and senior management to encourage design / industrialisation for manufacturability and quality
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Team Leaders, Senior Cell Leaders and/or Senior Management.
|QUALIFICATIONS||Bachelor degree in Engineering / Technical field|
|EXPERIENCE||Experience in a production / manufacturing engineering environment Experience with Composite manufacturing, Industrialisation and Validation, Failure modes and effects analysis, Statistical Process Control, Metrology and Control Plans. Experience in defining composite tooling requirements for both mould and trim tooling. Experience in generating manufacturing estimates and quotations for composite part manufacture.||Extensive experience in Manufacturing Engineering with a focus in Composites and / or Composite Material|
|SKILLS & APTITUDE||Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Experience with Catia / Enovia in reviewing and interpreting 3D model data||Understanding of NADCAP requirements.|
|CHARACTERISTICS||Ability to work in a fast-paced / cross-functional team environment Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and set personal objectives|