Location: India Mill, Darwen
Salary: Up to £12.50 per hour dependant on relevant qualifications, skills, and experiences
Job type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday.
If you are an experienced materials controller within an aerospace or manufacturing environment, then this could be the ideal role for you!
Brookhouse material controllers are responsible for managing the time and temperature sensitive (TATS) materials and their movement throughout the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Inspection processing – Diligently checking Certificate of Conformity against customer specifications and confirming material suitability for use or raising issues where appropriate.
- Material movement transactions – Undertake timely, electronic transactions to transfer materials to the relevant locations within the system
- Maximize material life – Operate FIFO principles, monitor remaining life on materials
- appropriately highlighting the need to extend material life and remove expired materials from the system to ensure accurate stock levels.
- Ensure the storage of materials is organised, traceable and complies with relevant industry standards.
- Issue materials within the ERP System to ensure traceability and manage anomalies with respect to material quantities.
- Select and supply necessary parts or materials for processing operations where necessary ensuring these are correctly recorded with the ERP system.
- Undertake cycle counts to ensure accurate stock levels and where discrepancies occur, investigate as directed and bring forward solutions to avoid further occurrences.
- Physically remove items from the freezer, with assistance, and return or store them where required.
- Support other members of the stores team in the event of absence.
A few things about you:
- Prior experience of manual handling
- Computer literate and able to use MS Office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Good at working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Teamwork skills
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment (Desirable)
- Knowledge of stock handling and rotation (Desirable)
- Previous FLT Counterbalance experience/currently licenced (Desirable)
- Working Knowledge of an ERP system.
Ideally 3 years experience in a previous role, in particular, a manufacturing environment.
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totalling 37 hours weekly.
Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay.
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year. During this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100, and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
- Holidays start at 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) (Based on a 4-day week).
- Overtime rates after basic hours are 1.5 hours of your basic hourly rate, including Friday and Saturday.
- Overtime rates for Sunday are 2.0 of basic hourly rate.
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Health Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2