Job Title: Paint Sprayer – (Aerospace/ Manufacturing)
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Salary: £13.50 an hour dependent on relevant qualifications, skills, and experiences
Job type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday.
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
We are currently looking for a Paint Sprayer with at least three years of working experience within an aerospace/manufacturing environment.
Paint Spraying to wet paint aerospace components in accordance with organisational and industry standards. The paint sprayer must have a flexible attitude to become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who can work across different manufacturing functions within the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Frequent communication (several times throughout each day) with the Department’s Team Leader to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents, ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components; this will involve the usage of Master Processes, Work Instruction Sheet (WIS) and the completion of job pack sign-off documentation.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by the Team Leader, Value Stream Leader &/or Senior Management.
- Ensuring their performance within the team remains a high standard.
- Standards complete the preparations of components/parts within the specifications provided.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards.
- To adhere to safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP).
- Regular upkeep of records (ensuring all documentation is maintained to ensure organisational and industry standards are upheld).
- Undertaking training and development set by the Team Leader &/ or Value Stream Manager
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements.
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value-added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance.
- Time served painter with a proven track record of paint experience, particularly within “wet spray”.
- Computer Literate and able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- Has a flexible attitude towards the role
- Ability to work as part of the team whilst using their initiative to make autonomous decisions to ensure project deadline compliance
- The ability to maintain attention to detail by providing high levels of accuracy.
- Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- 4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totaling 37 hours weekly.
- Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay.
- Holidays start at 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) based on for 4 days working.
- Overtime rates after basic hours are 1.5 of your basic hourly rate, and Fridays and Saturdays
- Overtime rates for Sundays are 2.0 of your basic hourly rate.
- Shift Allowances: Nights 33%, Double day 18% and Blended Rota 22%
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Simplyhealth Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
- Currently sourcing a subsidised onsite canteen
Complete the form in the top right of this page to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Paint Spraying, Spray Painter, Paint Sprayer, Paint Spray Operator, Coating Operator, Paint Sprayer Technician, Wet paint Sprayer, Industrial Paint Sprayer, Paint Technician, Paint Operator, Shot Blasting Technician, Sprayer, Finisher, Paint Finisher, Shot Blaster may also be considered for this role.