Job Title: Planner
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday
Salary/Hour Rate: Competitive based on skills, experience, and relevant qualifications
If you are a highly experienced Planner with working experience within an aerospace/manufacturing environment, this could be the ideal role for you:
The Planners role is to ensure that customer demand and or any inventory balancing strategy is scheduled through the metallics and treatments department in the most efficient sequence, to ensure that customer demand is met on time and in full at the lowest delivered cost. There is a requirement in this role to understand Fabrication.
Here is what you can expect to be doing:
To react and reschedule in a timely and efficient manner, as and when unforeseen activity causes disruption to the plan, by considering the wider objectives, whilst still maintaining the optimum service level to the customer at the lowest delivered cost.
- Monitor the schedule and progress of the metallics and treatments department throughout the day.
- Make updates on job priorities using the Epicor ERP system.
- Check the status of materials, manufacturing jobs, purchased components, and outside services.
- Inform Sales, Procurement, Shipping, Quality Inspection and Manufacturing of schedule changes that may drive action for multiple groups.
- Identify bottleneck operations and take action to raise awareness of appropriate resources and collaborate with them to establish priorities and implement solutions to adhere to the schedule.
- Provide clear and timely communication to the customers, Program managers, Master scheduling, NPI and purchasing on production status for schedule delays and action being taken to meet schedule.
- Participate in pre-production review meetings and follow-up with Engineering or other resources to ensure all operational concerns have been resolved.
- Ensure Epicor is maintained for date changes, quantity changes, operations added, or when jobs must be put on hold.
- Perform daily review of all job transactions and ensure proper maintenance is performed.
- Participate in continuous improvement of planning systems and drive improved accuracy and efficiency.
- Monitor and report standards deviation from actuals.
- Participate in team meetings to ensure that a consolidated view is available and does not exceed the capacity of shared resource work centres.
- Timely escalation of unresolved issues likely to impact OTIF performance.
- Attend, contribute and lead cross-functional meetings to improve, and or expedite service to the customer.
A few things about you:
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English.
- Experience in customer facing role.
- Ability to lead projects.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRPII.
- Previous experience in fabrications
- Experience with multi process/cell manufacturing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Confidence to challenge and influence at all levels
- Team player
- Highly organised
- APICS basic supply chain management certification
- Experience in Aerospace/manufacturing environment
- Experience in Project Management & Stakeholder management
- Ability to schedule using ERP/MRPII platform.
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totaling 37 hours weekly.
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
Aside from the competitive rate of pay, the following is available:
- Holidays start at 33 days per year (including Bank Holidays) pro rata for 4 days (28).
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate health Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions