Job Title: Project Manager
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum
Job type: 4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totalling 37 hours weekly.
Application Deadline: Friday 9th June 2023
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
Project Managers are to support the continued growth of Brookhouse Aerospace. They will have the ability to lead, develop and manage new programs and projects successfully to an agreed budget. The candidate must be able to pre-empt and successfully deal with any issues and resolve them to the satisfaction of all concerned as well as lead and control the contract review process and own the customer demand profile and sales plans, yearly / monthly.
The candidate should have a strong background in Project Management & Commercial Management ensuring projects run on time on budget and to the satisfaction of the customer. A background in engineering/scheduling and/or projects is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and project manage strategic customer improvement plans
- Serve as Customer escalation point to resolve chronic, systemic, high impact issues
- Own and control the contract review process
- Own customer demand profile and sales plans, yearly / monthly
- Report on Performance to rolling plan (revenue, Margins, Price, volume)
- Customer communication focal for important topics (strategic and tactical) – including visits to customers and facilitating customer visits to Brookhouse Aerospace Sites
- Interface to customer VOC (delivery & quality) and timely resolution
- Coordinate site production rate readiness with the planning team
- Ensure goal alignment between Customers and Program scorecard metrics and reports
- Partner with Planning team to develop, establish and implement OTD processes/metrics, guidelines and policies
- Interface with multi-functional teams within Brookhouse Aerospace to support better supply-demand planning
- Set, control, and manage programme budgets
- Report on Customer Experience of Brookhouse Aerospace
- Project Management Creation & Management Experience
- Project / Program Management
- Manufacturing / Aerospace
- Analytical / budgeting
- MS Power Point, Excel, Word Etc.
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Organisational / Time Management
- Holidays start at 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays). Based on working 4-day week
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Simplyhealth Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
- Currently sourcing a subsidised onsite canteen
- Free Parking
Brookhouse Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa’s at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Administrator, Service Delivery Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, Project Manager, Project Controller, Project Supervisor, Construction Coordinator and Site Coordinator may also be considered for this role.