Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday
Salary/Hour Rate: Competitive based on skills, experience, and relevant qualifications
Here is what you can expect to be doing:
The ideal candidates will be ensuring the fitness for purpose (airworthiness) of products and drive/lead a Right First Time & zero waste culture. Also to maintain and expand regulatory, customer and third party accreditation and to ensure effective systems of assurance.
- Establishment and maintenance of the Quality Management Systems and associated Regulatory, Customer and Third party Accreditations.
- Liaison with Regulators, Customers and Third Parties on issues which affect accreditation, airworthiness and product conformance to achieve regulatory and customer accreditation.
- Establish and manage the Quality Metrics across to achieve policy deployment goals.
- Lead the drive to achieve Right First Time and zero waste through SQCDP Value Stream activity utilising lean tools and methodologies. Identification of root cause and the implementation of robust corrective actions and control measures.
- Support all functional teams in key areas of shared responsibility including Training, Continuous Improvement, Risk, Process Engineering and Process Responsibilities/Accountabilities.
- Key Stakeholder in determining innovation / technical development strategies.
- Work cross functionally to help drive a consistent and effective approach to New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Actively participate in bid and contract reviews and assist with quality aspects of project management as required to ensure bid success and bid delivery.
- Uphold processes that assure the effective health, safety and environmental best practices as defined by the OHSE management system.
A few things about you:
- Initiative-taking and proactive
- Time served in engineering/technical field or comparable industrial experience
- Qualifications recognised by regulatory bodies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Degree level educational is desirable
- Previous aerospace manufacturing experience is desirable
- Target driven with excellent analytical skills to support continuous improvement
- Experience of installing and maintaining quality management systems
- Exceptional product and process experience
- Aerospace Manufacturing AS9100 Rev D is desirable
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totalling 37 hours weekly.
Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay.
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
Aside from the competitive rate of pay, the following is available:
- Holidays start at 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays). Based on working 4-day week.
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
- Currently sourcing a subsidised onsite canteen
- Free Parking
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions