Reporting to: Quality Manager
Responsible for: Activities related to the maintenance and improvement of Quality Assurance within the Composite manufacturing business.
Overall Purpose: The main function of the role is to support the business in all areas relating to internal quality; including internal non-conformance and effective customer concern management.
List of Principal Accountabilities:
- Quality Culture: Think Quality and encourage others to do the same. Support and encourage good practice and act upon bad practice firmly and fairly. Promote an understanding which ensures the discipline of standards and expectations are followed and met at all times.
- Quality Management System: Play an Integral part in ensuring an effective quality management system is adhered to. The QMS is owned by the relevant responsible teams, but the QE is responsible for ensuring the requirements are communicated and complied with.
- Quality Leadership: At all times and in a professional manner represent the business’s Quality Philosophy, and maintain the goals of the Mission Statement.
- Analysis and Reporting: Conduct analysis and report weekly on KPI and RCCA to the Quality team.
- Root Cause: Initiate and facilitate root cause and remedial action for internal and customer issues and monitor and coordinate within the production area for actions.
- Process Audit: Auditing of processes ensuring control and adherence within the manufacturing environment. Encourage the adherence of all production and process data, ensuring accuracy and traceability are adhered to on all work.
- Customer Management: Dealing with customer representatives on NPI and quality concerns, including investigations on non-conformance and recommending corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- External Audit Compliance and Documentation: Supporting external audits and auditor management.
- New Product Introduction: Actively support Engineering for all NPI programs relative to the QE’s customer focus. Ensure final part conformance is adequately monitored and managed, and pFMEA reflects supplying to customer engineering definition.
Person Specification: A driven and self-motivated individual who has a positive attitude , works well in a team environment , is assertive and challenging and who can influence peers and stakeholders to achieve results.
|Attributes||Essential||Desirable||Assessed on application (A) and/or Interview (I)|
|Qualifications||Engineering Qualifications or relevant experience||Degree Educated in a relevant field or work based experience in role. Formal professional based qualifications such as Chartered Quality recognition , six sigma or lead auditor accreditation.||A|
|Experience||Experience of working within an AS9100 environment. Experience in customer focussed environments. 5 years’ experience in a similar role at Tier 2 or above. Experience with: Airbus, Rolls Royce, Safran, GKN, BAe or similar||Significant ( > 5 Years) experience within the aerospace industry in operationally challenging roles.||A/I|
|Knowledge and Skills||Management of Quality NPI and RCCA Information/Data Analysis Interpretation of Engineering Definitions Interpretation of External Standard Interpretation and Inspection of Final Product Process Improvement Processes Management Reporting Expertise using, managing and promoting quality tools. 8D RCCAAPQPFAI [AS9102}MSApFMEAPPAPSPC||Lean , CI , Six Sigma Experience / QualificationLead Auditor Recognition||A/I|
|Personal Attributes||Should be confident and competent, goal and target based Have the ability to work on own initiative with a strategic team based approach to challenges Have the ability to challenge and influence individuals and teams to achieve desired goals and objectives Must be able to function at various levels in the business Ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve set goals Must have an ordered, systematic approach to daily operations Motivated and skilled they must be able to build relationships of trust internally and externally to achieve all the businesses goals Have excellent oral and written communication skills Must be able to function on multiple teams while maintaining core loyalties and priorities.||Previous experience of customer engagement through Senior Quality Roles or other Program / Account facing activities.||I|