Job Title: Quality Inspector
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Salary: Competitive based on skills, experience, and relevant qualifications
Job type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday.
If you are a highly experienced Quality Inspector with at least three years of working experience within an aerospace/manufacturing environment, this could be the ideal role for you.
Here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Carry out first off, FAIRS and batch inspections daily.
- Ensure all non-conforming work is segregated, clearly identified, and reported to MRB via the NCR process.
- Provide reports to managers on elements which adversely affect the Quality System.
- Ensure all documentation and calibration of equipment is current and correct.
- Ensure that all inspection standards, as agreed with customers’ specifications, are carried out effectively before processing and at the inspection/despatch stage.
- Assistance with technical disputes with other department managers and operators.
- Ensure full compliance of the Company quality system with the requirements of our international standards ISO 9001: 2008 & AS9100 and in line with customer approvals.
- Help in identifying continuous improvement techniques to aid in achieving department/ business objectives
- Support system improvement project teams to ensure product flow is maintained and best practices are instigated.
- Uphold processes that assure effective Health, Safety and Environmental best practices as defined by the Brookhouse Aerospace HSE Management System.
A few things about you:
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Can plan and organise workload
- Key Focus on Quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- MRP/ERP system experience at an Inspector level (Epicor, SAP, Sage etc.)
- Ability to understand and correctly interpret drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods, quality system design and documentation
- AS EN 9100 & BSEN 9001 QMS (Desirable)
- Hardness, conductivity, Tensile and Electrical Bond Testing (Desirable)
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totalling 37 hours weekly.
Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay.
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
Aside from the competitive rate of pay, the following is available:
- Holidays start at 28 days per year (including Bank Holidays) (working 4 day week).
- Overtime rates after basic hours are 1.5 of your basic hourly rate, and Fridays and Saturdays
- Overtime rates for Sundays are 2.0 of your basic hourly rate.
- Shift Allowances: Nights 33%, Double day 18% and Blended Rota 22%
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate health Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
- Cycle to work scheme
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions.