Reporting to: Team Leader
Department: Metallic’s & Treatments
Summary of Role:
The post-holder will be an approved aircraft Sheet Metal Operator who is able to undertake all aspects of sheet metal fabrication in relation to the manufacture of aircraft components.
The post-holder must have the ability to work within a team as well as individually to meet manufacturing/operational objectives set by the Team Leader. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who has the ability to work across various functions within the business.
- Practical skills for using tools and equipment
- Perform fabrication duties including but not limited to: using the rubber press, shrinking, stretching and other forms of metallic manipulation
- Use hand held and powered tools
- Work with small to medium sized precision components
- To perform all duties in accordance with defined Standard Operating Procedures.
- Frequent communication with the department’s Team Leader to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met.
- Ensuring the detail fabrication and production of aircraft components is carried out with accuracy, attention to detail and in compliance to specifications and in accordance to schedule times.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents therefore ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components.
- Undertaking tasks delegated by the Team Leader, Value Stream Manager &/or Senior Management.
- Ensuring individual performance and KPI targets are met.
- Monitoring and maintaining Health & Safety standards.
- To adhere to procedures which include Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People (SQCDP).
- The regular upkeep of records are maintained ensuring organisational and industry standards are upheld therefore traceability remains explicitly clear.
- Undertaking training and development for set by the Team Leader &/or Value Stream Manager.
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements.
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance.
- To support Team Leaders with the maintenance of skills planning and training matrices.
- The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Team Leader &/or Value Stream Manager.
Qualifications Skills and Experience Requirements
|QUALIFICATIONS||Grade C and/or above in GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English. Demonstrable continuous professional development.||City and Guilds or equivalentNVQ Level 3 in a manufacturing and/or engineering discipline (or equivalent/working towards).|
|EXPERIENCE||3 years plus sheet metal fabrication experienceWheeling and press break experience an advantage||Apprentice trained time served sheet metal fabricator with experience in all aspects of hand forming i.e. shrinking ,stretching and folding Wheeling and press break experience an advantagePrevious background of working with aerospace parts would be an advantage but other sectors and industries would be considered including: Medical, Nuclear, MOD, and Precision EngineeringUnderstanding of work within a manufacturing/production environment.|
|SKILLS & APTITUDE||Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawingsWork within precise limits and standards of accuracy to meet the customers’ requirements||A working understanding and/or knowledge of Epicor system.|
|CHARACTERISTICS||Good concentration levelsAn eye for detailWillingness to learnHas a flexible attitude towards the role. Ability to work as part of the team whilst using their own initiative to make autonomous decisions to ensure project deadline compliance.The ability to maintain attention to detail by providing high levels of accuracy.Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a “can do” attitude.Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines||The ability to work without direct supervision and to work as part of a team Enthusiastic|