Job Title: Skilled Maintenance Fitter / Property Maintenance Technician (Aerospace / Manufacturing)
Location: India Mill, Darwen
Job Type: Permanent, Full time, 37 hours per week over a 4-day week, Monday to Thursday
Salary/Hour Rate: £17.67 per hour
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14th June 2023
We are looking for a Skilled maintenance fitter/property maintenance technician to provide general maintenance services across our facilities. You will be responsible for day-to-day property maintenance, the upkeep of the building’s fabric, relevant plant machinery and service schedules that adhere to high standards.
Here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Perform routine property maintenance tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain accurate records of all maintenance repairs and service schedules.
- Carry out unsupervised reactive maintenance repairs, fault finding, installation, servicing, testing, and commissioning to a wide range of services.
- Perform planned preventive maintenance to a wide range of plant machinery and equipment covering mechanical and building services.
- Liaise with and support external contractors to ensure that maintenance related activities are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Company’s health and safety policy and procedures are always maintained.
A few things about you:
- HND/HNC Mechanical engineering (equivalent or working towards)
- NVQ 3 in Mechanical discipline (equivalent or working towards)
- Relevant City & Guilds qualification (equivalent or working towards)
- Demonstrable experience of facilities maintenance
- Full, clean driving license
- Computer literate and able to use MS Office
- Experience within the aerospace/manufacturing industry
- Basic plumbing knowledge/experience
- Basic joinery knowledge/experience
- Understanding of contractor control, energy efficiency and Lean CI
When you are working:
4-day week Monday to Thursday 07:15 am to 5:00 pm totaling 37 hours weekly.
Overtime is available from Friday to Sunday at premium rates of pay
Who we are:
Brookhouse Aerospace is a well-known and respected name in the Aerospace Industry currently in its 71st year, and during this time, the business has seen many positive changes following an MBO in 2021 from Kaman UK.
We offer a range of capabilities, including manufacturing composite components, metallics, sheet metalwork, fabrication, machining, and treatments.
We are approved and certified for JOSCAR, AS 9100 and NADCAP certificated and are approved Tier 1 and 2 suppliers to the Aerospace and Defence manufacturers in the UK and internationally, such as Airbus, BAE, MBDA, Rolls Royce, Safran and Spirit.
The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing and its excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We believe that our success is due to our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation, extraordinary service, and most importantly, our employees’ skills, teamwork, and dedication.
Why work for us:
Aside from the competitive rate of pay, the following is available:
- Holidays start at 33 days per year (including Bank Holidays) pro rata for 4 days.
- Overtime rates after basic hours are 1.5 of your basic hourly rates, including Fridays and Saturdays
- Overtime rates for Sundays are 2.0 of your basic hourly rates.
- Shift Allowances: Nights 33%, Double day 18% and Blended Rota 22%
- On-site – Occupational Health
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Corporate Simply health Cash Plan (Benefit in Kind)
- Life Insurance x 2
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions.
Brookhouse-Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK under ITAR restrictions
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa’s at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK
Complete the form in the top right of this page to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Service Technician, Welder, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Fitter, Fabricator, Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Technician, Service Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repairs Engineer may also be considered for this role.