Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Summary of Role:
The post-holder will be a competent operative who is able to manage their own workload and work to deadlines to help achieve the overall objectives of the operations team.
The post-holder must have the ability to work within a team as well as individually. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who has the ability to work across different areas of the Stores department.
- Managing the Material Control, GI & Tool stores.
- Working effectively to plan and distribute daily workload.
- Responsible for the daily management of stock.
- Responsible, as part of the wider team, for the control of inventory.
- Completing necessary reporting as required/when requested.
- Responsible for stocktaking.
- Proactive thinking with regards to waste reduction, and how costs can be minimised.
- Control of stock rotation / material shelf life.
- Demonstrating commitment to Lean principles and Continuous Improvement at all times.
- Completing relevant KPI reporting.
- Responsible for the despatching of finished goods.
- Ability to monitor min/max stocking, JIT, consignment stocking and direct line feed.
- Efficient measuring / monitoring of stock movements at all times.
The Post holder is expected to work flexibly within the role. It is expected for the post holder to carry out activities for which they are competent. Additionally, the post holder will also carry out additional duties upon request from Team Leaders, Senior Cell Leaders and/or Senior Management.
|EXPERIENCE||Experience of stock control in a manufacturing experience or a willingness to obtain this experience. Previous experience of cost control|
|SKILLS & APTITUDE||Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office applications.||A working understanding and/or knowledge of Epicor system. Knowledge and understanding of stock control systems|
|CHARACTERISTICS||Effective communicator at all levels Well organized, with excellent attention to detail Ability to work on own initiative|