What we do
What We Do
Composite Structures Capabilities
Brookhouse Aerospace operates aerospace manufacturing and test facilities specialising in total aero structure solutions, from composite and metal detail parts and sub-assemblies to fully integrated assemblies, associated with tooling, repair, and overhaul expertise for the domestic and international aerospace markets.
We provide a highly effective, integrated platform capable of delivering high technology solutions within the composite aerospace industry. This includes Project Management, Design, Engineering, Manufacture, Inspection, Test and Reporting associated with the manufacture and material characterisation of fiber reinforced polymer (FRP) composites, test specimens and associated test articles.
Full-Service Engineering Capabilities
Brookhouse Aerospace also provides full service engineering from conceptual design and analysis to prototyping, tooling and testing. Our capabilities include conceptual design and analysis, process engineering, tool design, material and component testing, prototyping and data storage.
Brookhouse Aerospace is organised around LEAN Manufacturing Teams and Production Cells. Kaman has the capability to produce a range of composite structures, producing monolithic and sandwich parts from a range of materials including carbon fiber composite, glass and Aramid cured by autoclave. We specialise in military and civil applications with a considerable range of products including flight controls such as aileron assemblies, and winglets.
Specific Capabilities Include:
- Complex Metal and Composite Wing Structure and component manufacturing
- Composite flight structures, lightweight electronic enclosures, and missile structures manufacturing
- Spot Welding of Metal Structures
- Erosion Protection Coating
In House Facilities Consist of:
- On-site state-of-the-art Phosphoric Acid Anodize & Chromic Acid Anodize process line, Epoxy Priming and Finish Paint.
- Primary on-site Quality Assurance capabilities include X-Ray, C-Scan & A-Scan
- Six computer-controlled autoclaves (maximum size 3.25m diameter X 13.0 meter long).
- ‘A & C’ Scan NDT and Mechanical Testing Equipment
- Extensive Clean rooms with controlled environment
- CAD Systems operating on Industry Standard Software
- Detail Fitting and Paint Finishing, contained and supported within dedicated areas.
- Vacuum Forming Machines and numerous manufacturing processes such as:
- Acrylic Forming Thermal & Acoustic Insulation
Spare and Repairs Support:
- Dedicated Spares & Repairs capability
- Strip & Survey service
- Composite and Metallic parts
- Detail parts and Sub-assemblies
- Civil and Military Aircraft Parts
- Civil repairs to Design Authorities Standard Repair Manual (SRM)
- EASA Part 145 Sections
- C4 for Doors – Hatches
- C6 for Equipment
- C20 for Structural
- EASA Part 21G
- EASA Form 1 capability
- Heatcon patch repair system
- Military repairs under Customer approval
- FAR 145 and AS9110 under consideration